Monday, April 6, 2009



I made this 4 x 4 inch collage painting this week. I used a 4 x 4 wrapped canvas and applied torn patterned papers in a random fashion using Mod Podge. I then applied Gesso using a dry brush method. After that dried I used Fluid Chalk Inks and applied random color. Over the color I then added the Gesso circles, swirls and lines. I drew in the lamb, flowers, birds, clouds and hot air balloon using a Gelly Roll pen in white. Next I laid down the base colors for the face, shirt and hair adding detail using Sharpie markers. I touched up a few places with the ink again and I still need to apply one last clear coat over the top. I am not completely happy that I used black on this but it is the basic idea of what I wanted to do. It is a learning process for me and I am sure that the next one I do will be even better.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: