Thursday, September 11, 2008

CoLlAgE wOrKsHoP cOnTiNuEd


The 3rd step was to brush on gesso and acrylic paint. I did this using a pastry brush. The stiff bristles gave more texture to the surface. I also used this brush for the acrylic paint in lemon yellow.


In the 4Th step I took a lid from a canning jar and a spice lid to make the large and medium sized circles using gesso. I applied it rather thick in order to add yet more texture. I then thought that it needed a few more circles so I took the lid off of a steak sauce bottle that was in my recycle box. Can you tell I was doing these steps in my kitchen? Sounds like I am putting together a recipe, which actually fits right in to my collage since I used vintage recipe book pages to start with. See the theme here? Next I took an old credit card and made the random lines using gesso. Let this dry awhile then onto the next steps.

No comments: